Description of Simply Clean:
Ideal for combination or oily skin, this skin-refining gel cleanser combines an exfoliating Hydroxy Acid blend with botanical extracts that gently remove impurities, excess oils, and make-up. Botanical extracts of chamomile, comfrey, and aloe soothe and heal skin. Just add water.
- Five hydroxy acids gently exfoliate dead skin cells.
- Clarifies and smoothes rough texture.
- Removes excess oils and makeup.
- Ideal for combination or oily skin, though all skin types will benefit.
- Fruit acid blends.
- Botanical extracts of chamomile and aloe.
Why Use a Facial Cleanser:
Dirt, makeup, oils and environmental factors result in clogged pores, inflamation and acne. Daily use in the AM and in the PM are recommended. Cleansers should be used in lieu of soap, because The pH of Bar soap is a 9 or 10, our skin's pH is a 4.7. A mismatch in pH will result in acne and bacteria overproduction. Thickeners are put in bar soap to maintain it's shape, these thickeners result in clogged pores. Also ingredients in bar soap may strip natural oils leading to oil gland overproduction.
Source ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleanser )