Description of Retinol 1.0:
NewBeauty - Beauty Choice Award - The Best Product with Retinol
This retinol helps stimulate cell regeneration and build collagen to diminish the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and age spots from both photo- and intrinsic aging. Additionally, it helps minimize the appearance of pore size while correcting blemishes and blotchiness often associated with problematic skin. Perfect for both problematic and photo-damaged skin, Retinol 1.0 contains 1% pure retinol and should be used for advanced treatment of pre-conditioned skin only. Not for NEWBIES !
• Helps reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, age spots, and uneven tone
• Preserves the optimal retinol stability and minimizes irritation commonly associated with the use of retinoids
• Ensures maximum amount of retinol reaches the target site
What is Retinol:
Retinol is a form of Vitamin A that reduces wrinkles and crinkles, clears pores, jumpstarts collagen production and evens skin tone. Forty years ago the FDA approved retinol as an acne treatment under the brand Retin-A. Patients who used it also experienced significant signs of smoother, clearer, softer and brighter skin. Over the counter retinoids may take up to 3 months to see results, while prescription strength retinoids will show visible results in one month.
Is Retinol Dangerous:
FDA approved and in use for over forty years, retinol is one of the few ingredients in skin care along with Vitamin C and Alpha Hydroxy Acids that is proven to work ! Urban Legend touts that retinol will be damaging to sun exposed skin. Not true, actually UV rays will render retinol to be ineffective. Use any retinol product at night. Retinol may cause dryness, redness and flaking, so acclimate to it with a twice weekly application.
When to Not Use a Retinoid:
- Benzoyl Peroxide, Alpha Hydroxy Acids and sunlight reduce the effectivness of Retinol.
- Stop use of Retinol a minimum of 5 days before a waxing appointment. .
- Those with ultra sensitive skin.
- Retinol has not been tested on pregnant or breastfeeding women, best to avoid these.